Friday, February 5, 2016

Killarney is back!

Ah! The luck of the Irish is with ye' now, lads & lasses, because Bayern Killarney Irish Red Lager is here!

I might just as well let the photo do all the talking because, let's face it, you can't stop looking at that amazing red color, can you? Well, I could describe the flavor I suppose... It is 5.8% ABV, smooth, malty and complex because it is made with five different kinds of malt (Pils, Wheat, Munich, Chocolate and Cara-Red from Germany). Killarney is also medium-hopped with hops from the Hallertauer Region of Germany. Sounds rather German for an Irish Red Lager, right? That is because it is a tribute to the Irish heritage here in Montana. This beer is truly one-of-a-kind and Brewmaster Jürgen Knöller (Owner of Bayern Brewing) claims it is actually the first Irish Red Lager made in America. How can he make such a claim? Well... before I go plagiarizing myself, I'll just refer you to the Bayern Brewsletter I wrote at this same time of year back in 2009.

You can find it pouring in the Tasting Room at Bayern Brewing, as well as in bottles and on draught in the Northwest craft beer market. If you've run out of Doppelbock for your Superbowl party, no one will be too disappointed with Killarney as a substitute.

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe everyone!  ~Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment